Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Another Great Review

The wonderful/amazing/awesome Kristen of Seeing Night Reviews, just gave Released a 4 out of 5 rating!  I loved her review and thank you so much Kristen for reading my story!  I will definitely keep you posted on Chaos, book two of the series and even Savor, the first book in my vampire series if you're interested.  :o)


I have posted Kristen's review below.  I also recommend everyone check out her blog because it is great.  You can find the link above, drop by and tell her hello!  :o)





I really loved the idea of Released by Megan Duncan, a post apocalyptic story with demons destroying human kind. I’m not really a zombie person so I was really looking forward to this nice twist.

Released in the first book in the Agents of Evil series and the debut for Duncan. She really hit the spot in her story, with adding a bit of everything, family survival, growing up, romance and friendship.

The story was really straightforward and the pace started right of at the first page. Duncan starts you right in the middle of what the three leads are dealing with, Abby, Carter and Max. Abby is my favorite kind of heroine with sass, bravery and can really kick some butt. Carter is smart and in control and very protective of his sister Abby. Max is the muscle and long time friends of the other two.

The romance was a nice touch in such a hard situation for the three. Max and Abby have a nicely paced relationship and it wasn’t a major focus in the story. The relationships and characters overall were fantastically written and drew me so into the book, I was sad to be done. The story’s pace was solid and not too quick and it never overwhelmed or got boring.

I do wish the story was longer but I’m sure Duncan wanted to save more of the surprises and action for the second book coming out soon called Chaos. I’m excited to see what happens with the group, the ending left me so curious and satisfied. Some parts were predictable but it really didn’t faze me at all, I was just thrilled to read something so different. I recommend this book and will be begging Duncan to let me read the next when it’s ready. ☺

4 comments: